How to get the first client from Fiverr (Fiverr -10)
You have created your sales profile. You made 2 to 3 gigs and now you are waiting for your first client Fiverr. Is this familiar to you? In fact, getting the first order on Fiverr can be a challenge for many marketers who are now connected to the platform. But that does not mean you have to give up. Never do that! Instead of leaving, try to understand the Fiverr rating algorithm so you can identify the weak areas in your profile and the gigs that make it difficult to get orders.
3 Best Ways to Get Your First Order on Fiverr
See, the whole process of getting your first client to Fiverr makes your gigs as visible to as many buyers as possible. Once buyers can see your gigs, it’s easy to find your first client and get sales on your gigs.
There are 3 main ways buyers can view and order your gig:
- Rate your gig on the first page of Fiverr
- Responding to buyer requests
- Share your story on social media and forums
I’m going to discuss these three methods that you have tried and tried to get your first client. If you follow the strategies mentioned in this blog post properly, I am 100% sure that you will get your first sale in a week. More importantly, once you have successfully placed your first order from Fiverr, you can use the same process again and again to find more single buyers and get more orders from your gig. Without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Rate your gig on the first page of Fiverr
The ultimate goal of all marketers on Fiverr is to rank their bands on the first page. Once your gig appears on the first page of Fiverr, you will automatically receive a large number of orders without much effort. In the last 8 articles in the Fiverr series, I have discussed in detail every step of ranking your gig on Fiverr. Here is a quick summary of all those steps for you:
Complete your sales profile
The first and foremost thing you need to do as a seller is to complete every part of your Fiverr profile. Here are the things to look for when selecting yours:
- Choose a professional username for your Fiverr profile.
- You can use your own name, or add the service you provide to your name. For example, if I provide content writing services on Fiverr, I can go to writer_ayesha as my username.
- Use your own good quality picture for your Fiverr profile. Write a catchy sentence below your profile picture. Write a professional profile with a call to action.
- Add your education or credentials (if any).
Do proper SEO on your Fiverr Gig
Once you find less competitive words, the next step is to put those words in the right places in your gig. This helps the Fiverr rating algorithm to understand what your gig is.
Here are the things to keep in mind for Fiverr Gig SEO:
- Use 2 to 3 words in your gig title.
- Select the correct category and subcategory for your service.
- Choose the right tags to use in your gig. Never say the same kind of tags. For example, there is no point in using tags: web design, top web design, best web design, professional web design. Instead, you can use tags: web design, web development, HTML, CSS, Java. Use the variation in your tags so you can rank your gig better.
- Keep your gig price temporarily low. I have not mentioned this in my previous articles, so I have highlighted it here. When you are a new seller, set a base price for your gig. This will help you to get your basic orders from Fiverr. After 15 to 20 good reviews on your profile, you can increase the price later.
- Add 5 to 6 words to your gig description. Talk less about yourself and talk more about why a buyer should hire you. Add a call to action at the end of your gig description to encourage buyers to contact you or place an order.
- Create an attractive image for your gig. You can use a canvas or other online tool to design your gig picture. Additionally, adding a video to your gig increases your chances of getting a higher ranking in the search results. It’s a good idea to create a 30-second short video about your services and your gig experience.
- If you have samples that you can use as a portfolio, add those files to the gig. As a new seller, having something to show in your gig makes a good impression on buyers. They feel more confident to work with you.
- Once you’ve rated your gig on the first page of Fiverr, make no changes to it unless you need to. Frequent changes to your rated gig can damage your gig statistics.
2. Sending buyer requests
There is a section on Fiverr, they are reserved for buyers who post jobs. As a new seller, the best place to get your first client from Fiverr is the Buyer Requests section. Fiverr allows sellers to respond to up to 10 job offers each day. Use this opportunity religiously and respond to as many as 10 jobs as you can.
Here are some things to keep in mind when responding to buyers’ requests:
- Always write custom job offers. Never copy a sample template for every job you apply for. By doing so you can not generate even a single sale.
- Instead of writing everything about yourself and your specialty, write about how you understood the job. Ask questions so that buyers can get an idea that you know your job.
- Always try to write an accurate and concise offer, as buyers usually do not have time to read your page-length paragraphs.
- Keep your business casual and friendly. Remember, you are not writing a cover letter. You do not need to be formal with your words as you are applying for a job offer. Last and foremost, keep a few dollars less than your buyer’s budget. For example, if a buyer quotes a budget of $ 25 to write 2 letters, you can set the job offer to $ 20. This can increase your chances of getting a job.
3. Share your thoughts on social media and forums
Social media is another great way to expose your Fiverr profile and get your first client. There are many groups on social media and people regularly post jobs and hire professional freelancers. You can be part of those groups, interact with people, and share your Fiverr gig connection with them.
Here are some platforms you can use to share your skills:
As a new seller, this will help you get your first client from Fiverr. However, I do not recommend this method in the long run, because rates are usually low and people often do not care about work ethics. After using this process at the beginning and getting a few reviews on your profile, try ranking your gig on the first page of Fiverr.
Use Quora to place orders on Fiverr
Quora is a great platform for people to share their knowledge by asking and answering questions. You can join this forum and help people with your knowledge. Choose a lodge and start answering related questions. Provide well researched and valuable answers. Once you confirm your credibility at a specific location on Quora, people will start viewing your profile. This will help you find clients and build long-term working relationships with them. Also, while answering questions, you can leave your Fiverr gig link answered. But please, do not spam. Not every question you answer can be linked-to in your gig. Try to keep it as a reality. Leave the link only if it is relevant and meaningful.
So, guys, we have discussed 3 main ways to get your first client to Fiverr. The first method is to rate your gig on Fiverr. As a seller, you should always pay attention to rank your gig in Fiverr search results. Once your gig is ranked, you get orders and long-term clients without any extra effort. The second method is to respond to the buyer’s requests. Send 10 job offers every day. Write customized and accurate information while responding to job offers. The third way is to share your thoughts on social media. This method is good for getting your first order from Fiverr. However, you cannot generate long-term sales on Fiverr this way. So, use it at the beginning and go ahead to find clients on Fiverr.
If you want to know more about fiverr, pay attention to the articles below.